Wednesday, December 11, 2013

I forgot to put a title, so here it is.

I just got home from a hellish day at work.  Nothing too stressful, but annoying and long.  Days like that give me too much time to think, and as things are at Dramano's, people can't shut up about stuff that isn't their business.  So they always have to pry into everyone else's private lives.  Well, the joke is on them.  My life ain't so private. I'll talk about whatever in a heartbeat and don't give a damn about hiding anything.  That, and I have nothing going on.

So, I made this Facebook post the other day about how people at work questioned how it is that I've gone 7 years without companionship.  While my friend Chad did bring up the point that I have my son, a constant companion and my best little buddy, I should clarify that the person was likely referring to adult companionship.

Now, I may be weird in saying this, and anyone that knows me knows how my mind works, but I have no interest in sex. It may make me seem strange to some people, but if it happens, it happens.  I'm more interested in the hugs, the cuddles, kisses whenever we see each other, watching movies together, and things like that.  What it seems is that I want a really close friend of the female persuasion, but the DFO has determined that I do not need one of those. I'll admit, I enjoyed having someone to talk to for the few weeks that I did, but I spent 7 years being single and celibate.  I can do it again.

I will admit, I'm falling back into bad habits to get this done.  Up until about a month or so ago, I hadn't had alcohol in 4 years.  Now if I'm not at work, I'm almost constantly drinking.  I know I've heard people say that they do drugs or drink because they don't want to feel like themselves, and I can totally understand that.  I mean, there's not much to me to begin with.  I play video games, I watch anime, I watch TV shows, I watch movies, I play with my son, I work for a pizza place.  That's about it.  I have nothing else going on.  Photography was great, but I think I ruined that, despite all the good things that came from it.

I dunno.  Sometimes I feel like I have more to say that I really do.  Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to one specific person, and sometimes I feel like the whole world is listening.  And then there's the times where I feel like I'm just typing this out for the future me to read later on and go, "What the fuck was wrong with you?"


The Cure - "Love Song"

No comments:

Post a Comment