Thursday, December 5, 2013

Anuptaphobia

An excerpt from my collection of poetry and musings:

Why now?
After all this time, why now?
I've been alone for so long,
outcast for so long.
Why does loneliness bother me now?

I've been in love before,
and she loved me too.
We called each other our soulmates,
soulmates destined to be together.
Now, years later, we barely talk anymore.

We were in love.
I know the things I'm missing.
The touch, the caress, the kiss.
It hurts to think about what I had,
the chance I may never have it again.

Better to have loved and lost
than to have never loved at all?
To love is grand, to be in love is divine?
So to have love and lose it
is better than never knowing what you're missing?

No one wants to be alone.
No one wants to be left behind.
Everyone wants happiness in their lives.
But what can't always have what we want,
can we?

No comments:

Post a Comment