Tuesday, July 28, 2009

So soon, another?

"Dreaming is like -- it's like being a slave. Your dreams come out of all the parts of you that you don't have any control over. That's why -- that's why madness is the only danger."

I read the above passage today as I was reading through a series of books for the second time, and it struck me because the dreams of last night altered my perceptions. Nothing major was impacted, but there are those dreams that happen and seem real and they lead you to believe things during the dream that linger on when you wake up.

Specifics are unneccesary, nor will I give them, but the effect has lead me to believe in that passage. Truly, dreams can lead to madness. They are, in my opinion, a form of madness.

Though, looking at this post, without specifics or even mild details, I find this entry lacking. However, to give specifics would give an insight into my personality that I am not willing to have judged in any way, because I believe that those aspects are what sets me apart from others of my gender. In a way, it could be considered atavistic. A throwback to the days when men were chivalrous and cared for women in a way other than sexual releases. Of course, even then, that didn't describe every male, but the code of chivalry was more prevalent then than in today's society. Of course, by that, I mean that it doesn't exist today.

With that, I shall wrap this up. Time draws short before work, and I want to rest a bit before dedicating myself to the service of the populace. However, before I go, my former counterpart started a wheel turning in my head. As she ends all her blog posts with a picture of a kitten, I have considered something of my own to end each little post I make. I have ideas, but nothing definitive. I am up for suggestions, but make no promises on what will be accepted.

2 comments: