Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I buried my dog yesterday.

A strange way to start this journal off, I know. However, there is reasoning behind this. It marks the first time in over 10 years that I haven't had a canine companion of sorts. It's going to be strange not hearing her barking in the backyard, or scratching at the door when there's a thunderstorm, or seeing the area we buried her in. A strange way to start this journal indeed.

I also started a new job this week. This is reason to rejoice, since I had been unemployed since September of last year. I have high hopes for this job, and though my body is slow to accept having to do actual work, I'm happy thus far. It will be good to have money again, and even better to have a reason NOT to sit on my ass all day, which I have been known to do, on occasion.

On a note that strays completely away from endings and beginnings, let us speak of dreams. I'm not referring to goals or hopes, but those nocturnal (or diurnal) movies in the mind. My theory on dreams is that they are the body's way, through the mind, of making sure that everything works right. Different dreams test different things. A nightmare, of course, tests fear and adrenaline release. If you don't get scared often, the body has to check to make sure you still can be. Romantic dreams test to see if you can still feel that way. These dreams are especially common amongst those that don't feel romantic very often during the waking hours.

With that said, I find it strange that over the course of last night's dream sessions that I had both a nightmare and romantic dream. Oddly enough, one blended right into the other. Of course, as is the way with such things, the romance far outweighed the nightmarish visions. I almost hated to wake up. If I ever find that girl in real life, she and I are gonna have to talk.

So, today is about half over, and tomorrow is a day off. I'll have to cover the burial site with stones to prevent and disturbance of the soil, by children, dogs, or other diggy type animals. So, for now, this first entry is complete.

Next entry will probably be more of what can be expected. That is to say, anger and cynicism and other such fun stuff.

1 comment: