Thursday, July 30, 2009

Koi da! Paniku!

It amazes me how much I have to say when I think I have nothing to say. Yet another entry in this blog that I'm never going to use. I've had time to think a lot today while wandering the mall, waiting for my car to finish being serviced.

Side Note: Amazing how many cute girls were out and about today.

Anyway, on to the real meat of this post. The above statement does have relevance, but only in a minimal sense. For behold, this post does not focus on the real, but the unreal!

I've been reading a lot lately, as well as watching anime, TV, movies, playing video games, and all the other things that devour the time that I have. During the time that I spend reading or watching or playing, my mind interacts with various characters in those various forms of media. This is what this post is about.

For as long as I can remember, I've had a fascination, or connection, with characters that don't exist. Sometimes, I identify with fictional characters more than reality. I wish those character were real, because I feel that I could get along with them far better than anyone that I could encounter in the real world. I know, of course, that those characters were created with a certain 'type' in mind, so they are far from real and far from 'complete'.

Even with that thought in mind, I often found myself wishing that I could, for lack of a better phrase, "meet a girl like that". Watching a movie or reading a book, I wished I could be that douchebag in the movie that is so blind when he's talking to the girl, because I would do things differently. I'd show her how much she meant to me. I wouldn't say the stupid shit, even if everything I just said was stupid.

The basic point I'm trying to make is that reality holds little appeal for me. I have my son, and he is my anchor to reality. Were it not for him, I'd spend the majority of my days immersed in fantasy, because reality sucks. I live in my imagination most of the time because I've lost that glimmer of goodness that I used to see in the world. Love in the real world won't happen again, because I won't let it. Reality is... real.

Looking back on what I typed, I realize that I sound like a complete tool that needs to be bitch-slapped into Oblivion. Still, that's how I feel, and I don't see any changes any time soon.

Also, I decided that my ending pictures will be cute/attractive characters (to me), male or female. They shall appear in no particular order of preference. They will be whomever is freshest in my mind.


"So say we all."

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, sometimes I feel like that, too.

    Who's in the picture? Is that ... Miyuki? Please tell me I got it right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are wrong, and unlikely to guess correctly.

    ReplyDelete