Friday, March 9, 2012

Shadow in the Light (v.2)

This won't be one of my normal posts. I won't rant about something meaningless. I won't be making crude jokes or sexual innuendos. I'll keep my language tame and I'll make my point as best I can. This will be a post of serious observation.

We all have known at some point or another a person in our lives that strives for the best. They have goals and aspirations that they wish to achieve. The reach for the stars and beyond to improve themselves, their lives, their surroundings, or something else altogether. For whatever the reason, these people aim higher than most of us, and it's to that person that this is dedicated.

In all the time I've known you, you've always been reaching high. You've wanted to go above and beyond what you were and become more. You aimed for the stars in the hopes of becoming one. You wanted to be a celebrity in some fashion and set out to make that dream a reality. You've had your rollercoaster of successes and failures, but that has made you who you are. That person is my best friend and the only woman I will ever truly love.

We may have our disagreements and skirmishes, but getting beyond those has made us what we are, and I'm honestly very happy with that. I can't ask for a better partner in crime. I've watched you grow and bounce through many phases through our history, and I've had laughs and tears throughout. There were moments of pride and moments of fear and moments where I didn't even know what to expect.

Despite all of this, you're still reaching. You've set yourself up for a life that will bring you freedom and happiness. You're honestly more happy than I've ever seen you, even in the early days. Your goals are there, and I'm going to be there to cheer when you reach them. You continue to reach up keep aiming for the stars, but there's no need to become one. You already are a star, at least to two people. We love you, and we're proud of you, even if we don't always know how to say it.

So, all that said, I'll steal a cue from you, but I won't post lyrics, because they screwed me up before, hence why I'm on draft 2.




"Tits."


...


Fuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment